Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Morning Time Harmony:)


Good Morning!! I found this picture surfing the web this a.m. and I felt a very close connection with it....It felt like home. As the boys get older, I feel like this is pretty much what life has become. I can see why many believe we come from monkeys....My children are first cousins of the animals!!!

Before I was a Mom, I thought my mornings would consists of me pleasantly waking up my kids, who in turn, would tell me how much they loved me with smiles. We'd eat a nice big breakfast, homemade by me, of course. We'd calmly and happily get ready for school. We'd get out into the van orderly and without incident. We'd drive to school and sing songs and be joyous. That was before I had kids:)

In real life it is nothing like this. It pretty much resembles a zoo. I am usually "strongly enforcing" the fact that you HAVE to get up. They in turn let me know that I am the Devil for making them get up. They eat cereal or pop tarts each day:), usually while playing the Wii. We quickly and chaotically get dressed. Teeth brushing becomes Wrestle Mania 27. We rush to get out to the van, running around the yard and then having me "strongly enforcing" the fact that if they don't get their butts in the van, I am leaving. (this makes no sense, but surprisingly works). And then they are gone. Yes, before I was a Mom I had a lot of lofty goals. Morning time harmony, was clearly not achieved. Time to move on to the next goal:) Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment